Wednesday, March 30, 2011

. reponse to black boy .

                All Righty, Black Boy response.
Well, I have read the whole thing and have got to say, it was good. I will admit it took me a while to get through the whooole book but well worth it. The life of Richard Wright is filled with heartache, sadness, and surprises. The relationships he has with his family is actually very surprising to how upsetting it is. I can recall the part of when Richard and his Grandmother are attending one of the masses. Richard had told his Grandmother something about an angel, but his Grandmother takes it out of context and thinks he SEES an angel. When his Grandmother tells the pastor, Richard is not sure what to do and when he denies having seeing the angel, his Grandmother is devastated and then later Richard can then realizes he is truly dead to her. This really shocked me, I mean I had seen how much his Grandmother really did not like him, but then to see how much more she had not want to speak to him again.  
                The rest of the book also has much of the same things with his Grandmother and aunts and uncles. He struggles with a hard life and never really gets a fulliment out of it. He is always hungry and that was a word that really struck me in the novel. Being hungry was all about Richards’ life because if he was not hungry physically than it was academically or mentally. The overall response to Black boy was it was a good autobiography and thought it was sad and inspiring because in all those problems he managed to get out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment